The 2022 calendar year sort of ran away from me in terms of my educational profile and work.
I continued to expand my resume, learning, and teaching outside of the traditional classroom (webinars/professional development, DEI/DEIB advocacy through my social media platform).
I reignited my love and passion for writing and editing. I wrote on a variety of platforms for pleasure and practice. I provided editing services and/or coached students through the writing process–mainly the writing process for admission essays and dissertations; yes, opposite ends of the university experience!
I entered a new educational space (city/community programming), which challenged my pre-existing notion of learning, and planning for learning.
Life continued as planned. Life sent me to old goals and passions. Life provided me with new ideas and passions. It was a good mix, but it was a lot of change and flux that took me out of this space specifically . . .
Given this mix, a mix I have finally learned how to navigate and balance more appropriately, I am taking the opportunity afforded to us all at the start of the calendar year, and the midpoint of the academic year to all educators, to write a few goals tied to my 2022 experience.
This 2023 I plan to:
- Make a schedule, and stick to it, for writing here on C is for Camacho
- Renew all education licenses
- Already renewed one at the end of 2022!
- Attend an educational conference
- Any suggestions?
- Take one class or training on a subject, methodology, or technology tool that has interested me the past year
- Any platform recommendations?
- Continue to expand educational profile/resume
And so begins the 2023 calendar year, the rest of my school year . . . with reflection, with a little bit of the old and the new, with focused energy on continued growth and development.