My name is Ms. Camacho.
Not Miss. Not Mrs. Not Mr.
Camacho, rhymes with Macho–as in “macho, macho, man.”
In the classroom my students have transformed my name into:
- Mrs. Camacho
- Miss Camacho
- Mr. Camacho
- Mrs. CaNACHO — and I reply “nacho, I don’t have any nachos!”
- Miss Nacho — see previous
- Miss Poncho — happened only once and I had no response other than over-the-top laughter
- Miss Macho — and I reply by flexing and saying “Macho” repeatedly like a fool
- Mr. Macho — see previous but add a deeper voice and even more exaggerated flexing
It’s a fun world in teaching, especially in primary, your name can take on a number of additions, substitutions, and alterations. 😝