Last year was a year unlike any other. This year is shaping up to be a similar situation:
- When will we go back to our classrooms?
- Will we ever go back to our classrooms?
- Can we wear masks–all day?
- Are shields better than masks?
- How do we social distance . . . in a classroom?
- How will evaluations work?
- Who attends on what days?
- What does funding look like?
- What programs will we use online? How do we use them?
. . . there are many questions. And while we can answer some before we begin the school year, so much cannot be answered until we are in the trenches.
So this month, and for this year, my advice: just do your best. It’s the only thing we can do.
This is a new experience, and a new roadmap, for everyone. All we can do is our best.
Sometimes our best will mean the internet is great, the lesson translates via the laptop, and learning is happening as planned; sometimes our best will mean waiting for the internet to catch-up, repeating yourself because the connection was interrupted, and all that planned learning for today, happens tomorrow. As long as you’re doing your best, I am proud of you, and applaud you.