It’s a new year!
You’re coming back from winter/summer break, depending on where you are in the world. It’s January, it’s 2019. It’s a brand new calendar year. This can be a new start for you, and your kiddos.
The greatest thing about a long break is the energy and life that comes after it. So, the greatest thing we can do as teachers in January is start fresh.
Interpret that as you will:
- Write a few classroom specific resolutions.
- Have your students write a few school-centered resolutions.
- Participate in a deep-clean of the classroom. Get your students involved–make the fresh start tangible, visible.
- Revise/create new academic goals.
- Let go. Let go of any lingering doubt, regret, or negative memories. Teaching is hard, being a student is hard–we all have days, lessons, and moments that are less than beautiful, let them go.
- Redecorate your room.
- Change all assigned groups.
- Rearrange furniture.
- Buy a few new work outfits. 😉
Whatever you do, figure out how to breathe new life into your work. The year, and learning, has begun again, so start fresh. 😁