We are in full-swing to a new school year. Some of you started in August, some of you started in September. Some of you are ready for a break already! 😂
As we start a new school year, here a few suggestions for the month:
- Take a few pictures, take a few pieces of work–put them aside. At the end of the year, take them out and really appreciate how much you and your students have accomplished.
- Focus on behavior management. At every turn, model and remind students of the rules. This is the time. There is nothing more important than setting down the foundation for a happy and productive school year than strong classroom management.
- Tell a family member a specific thing you like about their child. Start the year off right with a positive note and interaction. Make sure to take note so that every child is given a compliment.
- For upper grades and secondary, this is still possible, it will just take longer.
- Make sure to have a few items copied, a few plans made, and/or a whole activity ready as an emergency. Technology can be fickle. Plans will change. Sick days happen. Be prepared with something ready-made now.
It’s a new year and it’s good to keep a record, take a few notes, and set aside something for the future. The best investments and preparation happen early, happen now.